|10/24/2016 11:00 AM|
The PSA Group, Transport & Environment (T&E), France Nature Environnement (FNE) and Bureau Veritas are fulfilling their commitments and publishing the test protocol,
The protocol for measuring real-world fuel consumption defines the means (necessary equipment) and methods (measurement and processing) that should be systematically applied to calculate the average real-life fuel consumption of the average customer. The protocol breaks down into the following three steps:
- selecting and checking the vehicle
- driving the vehicle and performing the measurement
- processing the measurement results
The measurements should be taken when the car is being driven by a non-professional driver on public roads open to traffic and under real-life driving conditions, with normal use of air-conditioning systems, passenger and luggage loads and road gradients.
In addition to the results already published in July 2016, Peugeot and Citroën will release the real-world fuel consumption figures of another 10 models (including the new Peugeot 3008 and Citroën C3) on their website in time for the 2016 Paris Motor Show.
By the end of 2016, real-world fuel consumption figures for 50 models tested during the year will be published on the Peugeot, Citroën and DS website. At the same time, a simulator to enable customers to predict their vehicles' fuel consumption based on driving style and conditions will also be released online.
In 2017, the PSA Group, Transport & Environment, France Nature Environnement and Bureau Veritas will extend the same procedure to the measurement of real-world nitrous oxide emissions.
Gilles Le Borgne, Executive Vice President, Quality and Engineering, for the PSA Group, said: “This robust protocol is the result of unprecedented and successful cooperation between a manufacturer, NGOs and a certification organisation. It is now available for all to see and to use as inspiration to encourage greater customer transparency.”
Greg Archer, Clean Vehicles Director at Transport & Environment, said: “The real-world test developed with PSA Group provides full transparency towards customers and more representative information to drivers than the new laboratory test, helping them choose the most fuel-efficient cars. This scientific approach is robust, reproducible and reliable in measuring real carbon emissions. Thus, we urge the European Commission and all carmakers to use this test for regulatory and advertising purposes.”
Download the documents:
|10/18/2016 5:00 PM|
Launched in 2013, the EMP2 global modular platform will gain a plug-in petrol hybrid, available in 2- and 4-four wheel drive versions, from 2019.
An intelligent hybrid powertrain
New-generation 8-speed automatic gearbox:
- Hybrid front axle using an electric motor for state-of the-art performance and driveability
- Positioned crosswise between the internal combustion engine and electric motor
Electric rear axle for 4×4 version
- Technology backed by our expertise in hybrid powertrains, delivering a highly satisfactory level of electric power for the 4×4 version (three times greater than the first-generation hybrid4 or diesel hybrid powertrain)
- 4×4 performance comparable to that of conventional 4×4 vehicles owing to the power of the electric motors used.
Premium performance for boundless driving pleasure
PSA Group’s plug-in hybrid will deliver exceptional dynamic performance thanks to the additional energy provided by the electric motor (up to 80 kW). Cumulative power will then total up to 300 bhp for a smooth, responsive drive and optimal driving pleasure.
Long range, easy use
Electric range of up to 60 km* (NEDC)
- Uses a battery with total energy of 12-13 kWh, between 20 and 30% higher than the batteries used by our best competitors
- Optimised aerodynamics and energy efficiency:
– Controlled air intakes
– Energy recovered on vehicle deceleration (foot raised or braking)
Rechargeable in a few hours
PSA Group’s plug-in hybrid will be available with a standard system charging the vehicle in 4 ½ hours or an easy optional solution to charge the vehicle in under 2 ½ hours using a 6.6 kw charger adapted to 32A sockets. The charging system will be designed to adapt to regulatory requirements and infrastructure in each region of the world.
No compromises on space
An ingenious and unique layout….
- Electric gearbox positioned crosswise, a world first
- A compact battery located under the cabin, delivering electric power to the rear axle without sacrificing space
…to maintain cabin space and exceptional boot capacity for passengers
|10/10/2016 2:00 PM|
The PSA Group is speeding up its digital transition in R&D by leveraging the 3DEXPERIENCE platform developed by Dassault Systèmes
• The PSA Group is enhancing its ability to manage the complexity of product development and product lifecycles
• The R&D efficiency gains are boosting the Group's competitiveness
A key efficiency driver that will support the PSA Group's Push to Pass strategic plan, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform developed by Dassault Systèmes serves to gather, manage and share all of the information relating to each product throughout its life cycle, from the design and engineering phases right through to after-sales service. The focus remains on customer needs during each of these phases.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform ensures that development processes run efficiently and that products are modular, reliable, traceable and of high quality. It achieves this by gathering user-shared data and making it accessible at all times around the world.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is notably being used to host the digital modelling applications launched by the PSA Group in 2000, as well as the product lifecycle management (PLM) applications in operation since 2012. Providing a single location for managing all product-related information, the PLM covers every phase of the vehicle lifecycle. It centralises all of the data associated with each individual project, including component weights and materials, calculation and simulation models for design purposes, validation testing plans results, industrial data ( and completed trials, supplier information, prices and more. As such, it is a valuable, powerful tool for finding and managing "the right data, at the right time, in a high security environment."
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform will also make it possible to take on board highly complex projects, such as those relating to the development of connected, communicating and autonomous cars.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform deployment is already a reality for PSA Group teams. More than 1,500 people are currently using it in connection with the development of the common modular platform (CMP), the new generation of PureTech 3-cylinder petrol engines and the new 6 speed manual gearbox, all of which will be brought to market in 2017. More generally, all of the Group's new vehicle projects are benefiting from the advantages offered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The PSA Group and Dassault Systèmes have been working together for over 25 years.
Gilles Le Borgne, Executive Vice-President, Quality and Engineering for the PSA Group said: "With the new Dassault Systèmes platform, we are moving our processes to digital much faster. This is helping us to make R&D efficiency gains and savings, and boosting our competitiveness as a result. Those savings are allowing us to strengthen our technology portfolio to ensure we stay perfectly in step with our customers' needs.
Sylvain Laurent, Executive Vice President, Global Field Operations (Asia-Oceania), Worldwide Business Transformation at Dassault Systèmes added: “PSA’s digital transformation covers a very large scope embarking every business function, for the first time in the world! Together we are inventing and putting in operation solutions that illustrate the future of the fast changing transportation and mobility industry, where consumers are at the core of the innovation process.”
Link to the website
|10/10/2016 2:00 PM|
The PSA Group reaches a new strategic milestone as a mobility services provider.
In response to new mobility challenges, the PSA Group is continuing to deploy its Push to Pass plan by building an ecosystem of some 15 partners and developers, all of whom will be attending the Group's Mobility Days event on 28 and 29 September in Paris.
With the goal of offering sustainable, smart, safe and shared mobility solutions that guarantee freedom of movement for all, the Group's strategy is being demonstrated today with:
• the launch of Free2Move, a brand of new transport solutions that will unite the entire mobility and smart services offering;
• the creation of a Mobility Services Department, which will coordinate the crossfunctional management of all of the operations defined in the Push to Pass plan;
• new agreements in the carsharing segment, including:
o a stake in the capital of Communauto, a carsharing pioneer in North America,
o a collaboration with the Bolloré group, which will use Citroën C-Zéro electric vehicles to round out its current offering in Lyon (Bluely) and Bordeaux (Bluecub);
• a connected fleet management services partnership with Masternaut, Europe's secondlargest provider of telematics solutions.
All of these announcements follow:
- the acquisition of a stake in two start-ups specialised in peer-to-peer car rentals: Koolicar and TravelCar. The PSA Group has set aside €100m to invest in these new businesses and prepare for the future;
- a partnership with IBM as part of the Smarter Cities project currently deployed in the Nice Côte d’Azur metropolitan area and in Wallonia (Belgium);
- a connected fleet management services partnership with TomTom Telematics.
Commenting on the Mobility Days event, Carlos Tavares said: “We are committed to helping our customers choose the right mobility solution for their needs. We are rolling out a wide variety of solutions that guarantee freedom of movement for all. This demonstrates our ambition to become the favourite mobility provider of all our customers, both now and in the future.”
Link to the website